Houston Roofing News
How Long Should Your Roof Last? When Do You Need Friendswood Roof Replacement?
So you’ve just moved into a new house and you wonder: how long will my roof last? This is an important question to ask since your roof is your main protection against the outside. You’ll also base your next Friendswood roof replacement off of this information. Every roof is different, so there is no one number for all. Houston roof experts agree that there are factors that will determine the longevity of your Houston roofing.
Factors That Affect a Roof’s Lifespan
- Age of Your Roof – If your new house is freshly built, then you won’t have to worry about your roof for a while. However, if records suggest that your roof is at least 20 years old, then it’s time to consider Friendswood roof replacement.
- Weather Conditions – People who live in areas with changing weather should be more concerned about their new Houston roof. Hot climate will cause your roof to expand, while cold temperatures will cause it to contract.
- Maintenance – If you regularly hire a Houston roofing company to perform inspections, then your roof will last longer. Simple maintenance tasks, such as clearing your gutter and frozen water, will also prevent Houston roof damage.
- Installation – When you get a Houston roof replacement, make sure you work with a reputable roofer near me. The quality of installation has an enormous impact on your roof’s lifespan.
- Type of Material – Some roofing materials last longer than others. Below, is some general information on the different types of shingles.
How Long Different Shingles Last
DaVinci Engineered Shingles
For over two decades, DaVinci Roofscapes has been manufacturing durable and aesthetically pleasing slate and shake products. Amstill Roofing is one of only two masterpiece contractors authorized by DaVinci Roofscapes. After we flawlessly install your DaVinci material of choice, your roof may last for up to 50 years. Want to learn more about DaVinci products? Click here.
3-tab shingles are popular among homeowners because they are lightweight and affordable. They lay flat on your roof to give it a slate appearance. The average lifespan of 3-tab shingles is 20 years if installed properly.
This type is similar to 3-tab shingles but are considered more durable because of their thickness and width. Laminate shingles add a depth to the appearance of your home. Even without constant Friendswood roof replacement, they can last up to 30 years.
Architectural shingles add shape, dimension, and contour to your roof. They resemble natural wood shake without the flammability and weight of actual wood. If properly maintained against Friendswood roof damage, architectural shingles last about 30 years.
Schedule a Friendswood Roof Replacement Today
Now that you have an idea of how long your roof will last, you can plan your next Friendswood roof replacement. For time-tested perfection, trust only Amstill Roofing. We have been proudly serving Texas since 1974, and we let our roofing track record speak for itself. Guided by the principles of honor, integrity, and strength, we provide superior Houston roofing services to our community. Contact us today to schedule a free roof inspection!