Signs You Need a Richmond Roof Replacement
Winter cold fronts may have had an impact on the structural integrity and appearance of your roof, which means it might be time to consider a Richmond roof replacement. Sometimes Richmond roof damage is so severe that simple repairs aren’t enough to protect your home from the hail, heavy rain, and winds that are common in the coming spring months. There are ways to identify the signs of Richmond roof damage that may warrant the need for new Richmond roofing.
Signs of Richmond Roof Damage You Should Never Ignore
As we move into the end of the winter and beginning of spring, be aware of the following signs of roof damage, as these issues could warrant the need for a total Richmond roof replacement in order to keep your home safe.
- Buckled or cracked shingles: storm damage, extreme heat, and simple wear-and-tear can cause shingles to crack or curl at the edges. Shingles should lie flat against the roof, so if they appear damaged or worn, it’s time to consider hiring our Houston roof experts.
- Leaks: whether it’s the result of age or extreme storms, this type of Richmond roof damage can quickly expand to multiple leaks, causing serious damage to your property that needs to be addressed immediately. If you discover frequent or multiple leaks, that means it’s time to call our trusted Houston roof experts to discuss your Richmond roof replacement options.
- Sagging: moisture build-up or water damage can cause rotting boards in your attic, which often leads to a sagging roof. This isn’t just an unsightly issue, it’s one that could weaken the overall structure of your home. If your Richmond roof is sagging, it’s time to replace it right away to prevent further damage to your home.
- Moss growth: moss growth on your roof traps moisture against the surface, causing more than unattractive discoloration. If left unaddressed, this wears down your shingles and renders them ineffective at performing as they should.
- Your roof is more than 20 years old: our Houston roof experts use shingles that are designed to extend the lifespan of your roof, but wear and tear require older roofs to be replaced before fall roof damage becomes detrimental. If you notice that your neighbors are getting new roofs, this is also a good sign that it’s time to call your Houston roof experts.
- You’re ready to put your home on the market: in a competitive real estate market like in the Houston area, a Richmond roof replacement can be a powerfully influential selling point and greatly increases your home’s value in they eyes of potential buyers.
Our Houston Roof Experts Have Your Home Covered!
Don’t put your home at risk! Ensuring that your Richmond roofing is structurally prepared to protect your home from spring roof damage is of the utmost importance. If you’re seeing signs that you need a Richmond roof replacement, contact our Houston roof experts for a free estimate from one of our highly-trained professionals.