Roofing Inspection News
Hurricane Season Is Nearing. Have You Done a Pearland Roof Inspection?
Amstill Roofing Roof Inspection
Hurricanes in Texas can be destructive if you haven’t had your roof properly inspected beforehand. Rain can lead to serious water damage, while flying debris can cause your roof to cave in. Prevent these types of mishaps by getting a Pearland roof inspection. After pointing out areas of your roof that need fortification, your roofer can offer repair or replacement solutions to make sure you are prepared for the coming months.
The Importance of a Roof Inspection Before a Storm
Some homeowners will wait after hurricane season before getting a Pearland roof inspection. But Houston roof experts recommend getting one before the storms even arrive. It makes more sense to fortify your roof so that your family is safe despite heavy rain and high wind. If your roof’s structural integrity is compromised before hurricane season, you’re putting your home in danger. Prevent a potential disaster by getting your Pearland roofing system in top shape.
What Roofers Look For During an Inspection
- Water Damage - The first thing your Pearland roofer will watch out for is any sign of water damage. This could be in the form of visible and hidden leaks in your attic and ceilings as well as mold and fungi growth.
- Damaged Shingles - To get ready for hurricane season, it’s important that every one of your shingles is in good shape. Even just one loose or missing shingle is a red flag because it can snowball when strong rains and wind start to hound your roof.
- Loose Components - Other areas of your roof also need a thorough inspection, such as your flashing, fascia, and soffit boards. Your roofer will also check for any loose seams and rusting.
- Rotting - If there is any rotting, your roofer will tear down unsavable materials and replace them with new ones. A rotting roof can easily collapse once it’s subject to pressure, such as flying debris during a storm.
- Clogged Gutters - Your roofer will make sure your drainage system is working properly by inspecting your gutters. If they are clogged during a storm, your entire house could flood and lead to serious foundation damage.
- Faulty Insulation - Not all roofing issues are visible to the untrained eye. A Pearland roof inspection is necessary to make sure your home’s insulation is working properly. Faulty insulation can result in higher energy bills and even pose a health risk.
Schedule a Pearland Roof Inspection Today!
Hurricane months are fast approaching, so the best time for a Pearland roof inspection is now. Trust only Amstill Roofing’s time-tested perfection when it comes to keeping you and your family safe. We are a family-owned and operated company that has been proudly serving Texas since 1974. In every roofing job we do, we demonstrate honor, integrity, and strength. Just take a look at our roofing track record! Contact us today to schedule your free inspection near me.