If a roofer offers to buy your deductible or that it won’t cost you a penny out of your pocket, stay away. That is insurance fraud in the state of Texas. Those type of roofers are what we call “storm chasers”.
Some companies will offer you a new roof without paying your deductible. How do they do it?
- Using old materials that are no longer in production or defective to save money.
- Pick-up labor from street corners so they can avoid high labor cost.
- Re-using all of your vents / jacks on your roof system.
- Not providing work with warranties or insurance covered crews.
- Giving you a lesser grade material or roof system overall.
- Usually they are working out of a truck and the company last only as long as the storm, so they have no overhead expenses.
Who would want a roof like the one mentioned above? Not many people, but some are fooled into it. We are here to educate you & make sure you make the ethical and correct decision. Don’t support these roofers.
To put this in perspective:
When you go to the doctors office or have a surgery you always pay your portion of it, your deductible. The insurance covers the rest. There is no budging on that price and you go on with your day.
But wouldn’t it be strange if a different surgeon asked to do your surgery & told you, you wouldn’t have to pay your deductible, that the surgery would be free.
That’s a raise for concern, maybe the doctor doesn’t have insurance, its his/her first surgery, they do the operation in a hotel, or has no idea how to do the surgery.
Just like surgery with a great surgeon, your roof requires a qualified and great roofer. Not just anyone with a pickup truck!